What are the Benefits of Palliative Care and What Type of Patient Needs It?
Whether a patient is dealing with a short-term recovery after surgery or hospitalization or has a life-limiting illness that needs ongoing care, palliative services can be a great way to improve the overall quality of life.
The focus of palliative care is to reduce a person’s symptoms – these treatments are not curative in nature. Instead, the goal is to improve a person’s quality of life by relieving and preventing pain and other symptoms. In fact, palliative care is often combined with other medical treatments to support the patient in navigating side effects and more.
Benefits of Palliative Care
Here are a few benefits you can expect if you choose palliative care services:
- Personalized Treatment: Every patient has unique needs, so they receive a customized treatment plan. This plan can be adjusted as the patient’s needs change over time.
- Patient and Family Support: Not only does palliative care address the patient’s needs, but the family and caregivers also benefit from these services.
- Quality of Life: Reducing symptoms is an excellent way to live the best life possible.
- Avoid Hospital Readmission: When a person has ongoing medical support at home, it reduces the likelihood of hospital readmission in the future.
- Holistic Approach: Palliative care plans include a full scope of services, including care for the body, mind, and spirit.
Who Needs Palliative Care?
Palliative care is beneficial for people with a wide range of health concerns, including:
- Heart disease
- Respiratory diseases
- Memory care
- Kidney failure
- Liver disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Parkinson’s disease
- And more
One of the greatest benefits of palliative care is that these services are available in the comfort of your own home. If you or a loved one needs extra medical support, then you can talk to our team to learn more about at-home palliative care solutions.
Palliative Care in Gilroy, CA
Do you or a loved one need palliative care in Gilroy, CA? Learn more about available services by scheduling a consultation with our experienced team. Bonita Springs Healthcare Services is just a phone call away and offers a range of options to meet your needs.
Download Our Guide:
Caregiver Burnout and How to Avoid It
How do you know if you are experiencing caregiver burnout? Download our free guide and learn the warning signs, how to avoid them, and when to seek assistance.
Please complete the form below and we will email the guide to you immediately.