A Licensed Physical Therapy Assistant (LPTA) administers physical therapy to patients on an intermittent basis in their place of residence. This is performed in accordance with physician orders and plan of care under the direction and supervision of the Registered Physical Therapist (PT).
$75-180 per visit
May cover one or more of the following areas: Santa Clara County, San Benito County, Santa Cruz County, Monterey County (please specify preference when applying).
- Graduate from a two-year college level program approved by the American Physical Therapy Association
- Must have current license to practice in the state of California
- Must have a current CPR card
- Two (2) years experience, preferred
- Ability to exercise initiative and independent judgment
- Understands and adheres to established Agency policies and procedures
- Provides physician prescribed physical therapy under a plan of care established by the PT
- Improves or minimizes residual physical disabilities of the patient
- Returns the individual to optimum and productive level within the patient’s capabilities
- Participates with all other health care personnel in patient care planning
- Performs all skilled procedures as ordered by physician and according to the plan of care established by the PT
- Consults with PT regarding change in treatment
- Instructs patients and family members in home programs and activities of daily living
- Participates in inservice programs and presents inservice programs as assigned
- Participates in performance improvement activities as assigned
- Attends all patient care conferences as scheduled
- Prepares medical records, progress notes and updates care plans for each patient visit in a timely manner as per Agency policy
- Performs services planned, delegated and supervised by the PT
- Assists in preparing clinical and progress notes
- Participates in educating the patient and family
Works indoors in Agency office and patient homes and travels to/from patient homes.
Must have a current valid driver’s license, auto liability insurance and reliable transportation.
Ability to perform the following tasks if necessary:
- Ability to participate in physical activity
- Ability to work for extended period of time while standing and being involved in physical activity
- Moderate lifting
- Ability to do extensive bending, lifting and standing on a regular basis